Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Another new blog

Thing is, I've had loads of these things over the years. I used to write regularly (like every day) on JournalSpace back in the day, which was an incredible, simplistic, yet functional and friendly site. I've tried with LiveJournal (I really have) but it just somehow seems to clunky for words - it's a dog to log in to, and even with Chrome apps that help you post to it, it just doesn't seem right somehow. So that kind of discourages me from posting regularly.

I suppose the prevalence of social media like Facebook and Twitter means life is micro-blogged now to a degree; you know, you're posting little bits and pieces so often, who ruminates anymore, who thinks in "long thoughts"?

But there's still a place for it, I think. I know because I still read some pretty cool blogs, which I'll no doubt link to now and again.

So here it is, first post in my new blog, which I'll use to follow the adventures of Cosmic Designs, the small, not-for-profit company I'm in the process of setting up with friends; and to follow also my attempt to break into the comic book industry proper by moving from self-published work into paid freelance. Hopefully this will be an interesting journey for anyone reading, because it's already pretty damn interesting for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment